1) Being such an incredible talent I have to ask if you come from a musical background?
NO, NOT REALLY. MY MOM TOOK PIANO LESSONS, BUT THAT’S ABOUT IT. MY FAMILY ARE MORE ATHELTICALLY INCLINED AND LOVE THE OUTDOORS.
2) When I listen to your music I can’t help but notice a soul/blues vibe. Is that something that has always been in your musical DNA or something that developed once you made the move to Nashville?
I’VE ALWAYS LOVED THE BLUES! FOR SOME REASON IT RESONATES WITH ME….LIKE THE LYRIC I WROTE IN ‘RARE DESERT RAIN’ SAYS, “I WAS BORN WITH A HEARTACHE”. I THINK THAT’S WHY I LOVE THE BLUES,. THAT MUSIC IS SO FULL OF AINGST AND PAIN AND SUFFERING AND JUST LETTING IT OUT THROUGH THE MUSIC…HAVE NO CLUE WHY I HAVE IT INSIDE, MAYBE ANOTHER LIFE, HEEEEEEE!!!
3) You have a song titled “Let’s Get High”, some people would think the song is about a certain pastime enjoyed by some, but the song has a really great message in it. What inspired you to write this song?
YES, THAT’S RIGHT THE SONG HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POT SMOKING!! I’M ACTUALLY VERY AGAINST DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE. JUST WANTED TO WRITE A ‘FEEL GOOD’ TUNE ABOUT CELEBRATING LIFE INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON ALL THE CRAP…
4) What is something about you that your fans might be surprised to know about you?
I’M SHY, HATE BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. 99.9% I ‘LL GO OUT IN PUBLIC IN SWEATS, NO MAKE UP AND HAT JUST SO NO ONE ‘BUGS’ ME!!!! NOT THAT I’M FAMOUS OR ANYTHING BUT JUST BEING A WOMEN, MEANS THAT YOU ARE A TARGET!!!!! I HATE CAT CALLS AND STRANGERS APPROACHING ME……
5) Music Dealers recently placed your song “Train Wreck in the HBO show “True Blood”, what are your views on music licensing? Would you recommend other indie artist to look into it?
ABSOLUTELY!!!! YOU MIGHT AS WELL DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO MAKE A CAREER IN MUSIC AND THIS IS ANOTHER VIABLE WAY. DON’T JUST BE AN ARTIST AND STAY IN YOUR ROOM WRITING SONGS ALL THE TIME, GET OUT THERE, SHARE YOUR MUSIC AND DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO MONEY OFF YOUR MUSIC!!! SELL IT, SHARE IT, LICENSE IT!!!!!!
6) Since you began this musical journey, what would you say has been the highlight of your career?
I GUESS OF COURSE BEING ON ROCKSTAR: INXS. NOT FOR THE REASONS YOU MIGHT THINK THOUGH….YES WE WERE TREATED LIKE ROCKSTARS FOR THOSE TWO MONTHS WHILE THE SHOW WAS BEING TAPED BUT THE VALIDATION I RECEIVED FROM PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY ABOUT MY GIFT. AS AN ARTIST YOU SPEND MOST OF THE TIME HEARING ‘NO’!!!! NO!! NO!!! FINALLY SOMEONE SAID YES, YOU’RE GREAT!! YOU’RE A STAR, YOU’RE VOICE IS AWESOME!!!! IT WAS NICE TO HAVE THAT VALIDATION INFRONT OF MILLIONS ON THE MOST POWERFUL PLATFORM, TV.
7) Finish this sentence, “If I did not have music in my life I would probably_____________________________”
HAVE AN EMPITNESS AND WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND WHY……
BE BORED WITH LIFE
HAVE A NORMAL 9 TO 5 LIFE AND MAYBE NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS MISSING……SO I WOULD BE OK….WHO KNOWS!!!!
8) What artist (if any) would you say has been the biggest influence on you and your sound?
JANIS JOPLIN AND ANYONE THAT SINGS WITHOUT INHIBITIONS AND JUST LETS IT ALL COME OUT, BAD NOTES AND ALL…….TRUTH AND HONESTY THROUGH YOUR VOICE….SHARE YOUR SOUL……
9) What can your fans expect from you in 2010?
A NEW RECORD FOR SURE……HOPEFULLY TOURING, MAYBE A MOVIE, AND TV ‘STUFF’ NOT SURE YET….I JUST SIGNED A MANAGEMENT CONTRACT SO HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GENERATE NEW EXPERIENCES!!! MY BIGGEST GOAL IS STILL TO TOUR IN EUROPE!!
10) In parting, we at Music Dealers are always open to hearing feedback from the artist we work with. What has been your impression on working with Music Dealers?
SO FAR WONDERFUL. I WISH I HAD MORE MATERIAL TO GIVE MUSICDEALERS!! VERY NICE TO HAVE YOUR SONGS PITCHED AND LISTEND TO AND NOT HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO SUBMIT! THAT’S THE BIGGEST THING…..HOWEVER, 50% MAYBE BE TOO MUCH TO TAKE, BUT AT LEAST THE SONGS ARE GETTING OUT THERE….I’M HOPING THAT GETTING ONE SONG PLACED WILL LEAD TO MORE AND MORE……THANK YOU MUSIC DEALERS!!!!